Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Review: MAC's N Collection


Sorry for the delay. Between Jury duty, Football- Go Chargers! and an upcoming family nuptials, I haven't had time to review new collections. But this past Sunday brought a ray of hope!
I went into my local MAC counter ( long story short, I'm dissatisfied.. but I'm not going to go there) and picked up the Lightflush MSF and MAC's New Vegas MSF from the McQueen Collection.

My initial thought upon news of a Neutral collection was excitement but when I was swatching the lipsticks and lipglasses I began to ponder. "How many neutral nude, pink, peachy, brown, mauve colors are there for my pout that I do have?", apparently too 4 too many. I passed on 4N lipstick as Instinctive was a little to close in color for me. Then I started doing inventory on all my other "N" like products and ran across my Face Palette..an "N" Blessing in disguise. The name of the palette escapes me but the eyeshadow colors mirror those of the N collection. Orb, Honey Lust, Sablecoated and Quarry- I 'm all set!

Back to the Light Flush. I was pleasantly surprised. Not glittery, more of a pigment consistency with some shimmer but not "disco" shimmer. I would suggest using a liquid base before application for staying power.

As for New Vegas, I was hesitant but lucked out. New Vegas was haunting me.. for reals. I passed it up in October when McQueen came out and then while in Vegas for X-mas, we met eyes at the MAC Pro store- I passed again. Then at my local store, it reared its head and I thought.. "this is my chance, I can't pass it up"- so I went for it.
I love it, its different. for my skintone it highlights the cheekbone area and I use it as an eyeshadow.

Picture: MAC Cosmetics.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, nice! I just got New Vegas and Light Flush and I adore them both! So pretty. Now I'm waitin for the paint pots from Fafi! Also wondering what the Heatherette collection has in store for us...