Thursday, October 30, 2008
Aww yes,my fave! whether it be a sunkissed glow or a daring sweep of bright red on the apples. I love the versatility of blushes, highlighters and bronzers!
My faves are a mixed bag so I categorized them accordingly:
Warm: MAC's Gingerly, YSL's Coriander
Neutral: Bobbi Brown's Tawny, MAC's Harmony
Cool: MAC's Breath of Plum, NARS' Sin
YSL #2 Golden Sun is great for a semi-matte finish
MAC's Refined Deeper Bronze gives a great gold flecked shimmer
NARS Mutliple in Mustique
NARS Blush in Luster
MAC's MSF in New Vegas
Photos: Bobbibrowncosmetics.com, ysl.com
Monday, October 27, 2008
Marilyn Monroe from All About Eve
Mascara- Givenchy Phenomen'eyes- it looks like Gogo Yubari's weapon from Kill Bill Volume 1 but with a steady hand, this will single handedly change your lashes ( that is if you want long lenghthing). For full and lush lashes- Fresh Supernova is a dream.
Eyeshadow- What makes a great Eyeshadow? Pigment, texture and longevity. MAC holds the title for this one. My faves- Fake- foggy grey, Purple Haze- violet and Black Tied- Deep purple with red flecks.
Eyeliner-Urban Decay's Smoke Out Eye Pencil wins- application is light with a sponge tip to smudge...smudge on!
Brows- Maybelline Clear Mascara is cheap and does the job as far as setting brows.
Sunday, October 26, 2008
In this new world of HD flawlessness, powder is often forgotten. Whether it's used as a highlighter or to "powder your nose"..in my case, since I'm a natural oil slick, I chose the latter. My Faves:
1. MAC Select Sheer loose powder- Sheer and buildable in a variety of colors.perfecto! What's even cooler has been the different mixes and matches MAC has Incorporated, such as the loose beauty powder last year with shimmer. If you prefer the classic, stick to the original.
2. NARS Loose Powder- this is a fave for all obvious reasons but the selection is quite dismal. Though Mountain can work for chocolate brown skins...that's pretty much it! As Heat and Soleil are not available in loose powder format...bummer.
3. Clinique Stay Matte Pressed Powder- my first, Stay Amber ( which I believe is now discontinued?). Perfect for setting in the cute green compact and great for your skin too!
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Allure has theirs, so does Instyle, Shape and Seventeen.. but none of these has anything to do with...me!
What do I have for you? after some time gathering data, pestering MUA's, deciphering differences between chocolate and cocoa, , picking up color palettes, swatching lippies and leaving remnants on my hands.
Let's start with the Base-ics..Foundation!
1. Nars Balanced Foundation
It takes the cake for base, since it has relaunched this summer with 5 beauty of color friendly tones for 16 shades to choose from. The coverage has been everything I had hoped for in a foundation, buildable, moisturizing sans the greasies and has vitamin's A&E. I personally take into account that whether I am in natural light or in photos, the titanium dioxide doesn't sneak up and make you an ash clown.
Who else loves NARS? Leighton Meister and America Ferrera...nice.
2. Maybelline Mineral Power Foundation
Does the job without breaking the bank also available in 16 shades and is available everywhere! A great grab and go for late night.
3. Makeup Forever HD Invisible Cover Foundation
An extensive selection of shades (25) makes this one #3 on my list.