Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Beauty Inspiration: Princess Tiana




Over the weekend, I took my 3-year-old niece to see The Princess and the Frog. While enjoying the film with a theatre packed with singing, laughing, smiling children and parents. I was saying to myself- Exhibit A!

Call me crazy, I was watching this cartoon film and thinking- Princess Tiana is totally wearing NARS' Exhibit A blush.. I really need to stop.

Princess Tiana's makeup was flawless, while adjusting my niece on my lap and trying to figure out the animated equivalent of the rest of her beauty routine- I was amazed by the film itself.
Set in Jazz-era New Orleans, the story featured un-princessy issues, some of which we face today and other Disney film's haven't tackled. One being, independent women who are dreamers and do-ers vs. immature boys who just want to have fun- ladies, can you feel me?
Now, I'm going to have to watch it again sometime this week, between the bathroom and cookie breaks - I have to catch up on a musical number (or two) and figure out Princess Tiana's plummy eyeshadow shade and bordeaux lippie.

Disney's The Princess and the Frog released on Friday, December 11th

disclaimer: makeup suggestion is soley my interpretation, paid to see film.
photo: fanpop.com

1 comment:

Princess Tiana Wall Decals said...

What's nice about Princess Tiana among all the Disney princesses character is that her personality in the movie is really genuine.