Sunday, October 26, 2014

Reviewed: Glossier. Mist, Moisturizer and Balm

Glossier.'s Massive (Hydration) Attack!
What do you do when one of your favorite beauty sites launches their own skincare products? First you squeal with delight, then you check out the product site and then you order to your hearts desire.
This was my exact sequence of emotions once Into the Gloss launched Glossier. I'd been creeping on Glossier.'s twitter pre-launch trying to figure out what was going on? why the pink? those emoji-con's are cool?! Now finally I have experienced the magic that Emily and co at ITG and Glossier have shared.
I purchased the Phase 1 box that came with 4 products, Soothing Face Mist, Priming Moisturizer, Balm dot com and Perfecting Skin tint. But I have the Mist, Moisturizer and Balm review for you today:
Glossier. Soothing Face Mist

Glossier. Soothing Face Mist (4 oz., 118 ml, $18) is a rosewater spray that also has aloe and glycerin in its key ingredients. Its hypoallergenic and alcohol free, which is fantastic for everyone really. Unlike some bottled mists, which operates like a straight shooting spray, this is actually a mist- like a tiny cloud of dew for your face. I really like this mist, its refreshing post facial wash and pre-serum and/or moisturizer.

Glossier. Priming Moisturizer
Glossier. Priming Moisturizer (1.7 oz., 50 ml, $25) is a really creamy moisturizer that includes hyaluronic acid and a mushroom super hydrator to hydrate and plump your skin. The consistency of the moisturizer is creamy and leaves a dewy finish. I've tried this moisturizer in my nighttime routine and I have to say that I really love the way my face feels in the morning- super soft!

Glossier. Balm dotcom

Glossier. Balm dotcom (.5fl oz., 15ml, $12) this salve can be used on your lips and pretty much everywhere that is super dry. The key ingredients include caster seed oil and beeswax. I think this product rivals my beloved french pharmacy favorite Homeoplastine. Balm dotcom is NYC's Homeoplastine, it hands down amazing. On my lips, it lasts for hours and provides a great base for my other lip products, especially my matte lipsticks. When winter comes in a few weeks, I know that  bdc will be in every jacket pocket, pant pocket and purse until I re-order.

Check out Glossier.'s products at www.glossier.com/#!/
If you're in the NYC area, check out Glossier.'s pop-up shop on 123 Lafayette in Soho.



No comments: