Monday, August 27, 2007

Celebrity Fragrance season, oh my!




First, we just had celebs as models and muses ( remember Beyoncé for Tommy Hilfiger- True Star, Charlize Throne for J’adore Dior, ect.) now they have their own lines, whether it be marketed to the tween market ( Mary-Kate and Ashley, Hello Kitty) or to accompany their fashion labels ( Gwen Stefani and LAMB)- I feel very much inundated by celebrities ,their sh** and their airbrushing.
An extension of self-loathe on their part with branding and marketing and such, I congratulate Jennifer Lopez for her initial steps to conquering media ,fashion and fragrance.. but now.. I’m on overload. I love Gwen , Beyoncé and Sarah but there has to be a point were you aren’t spread so thin, that there is an air of mystery to your celebrity.
By giving us consumers things we think we want and things you don’t wear on your day to day frustrates me. For example: In Sarah’s Covet commercial, I loved her Christian Lacroix strapless white dress- can you recreate something like that for Steve and Barry’s? ( I can’t say the same for Gwen Stefani though.. she wears the clothes she creates and how)
New fragrances will be introduced by the likes of: Mariah Carey, Britney Spears’ ( new fragrance, flaming hot cheetos is not the topnote), Xtina Aguilera, Katie Price ( Jordan), The Beckhams ( May-jah), Diddy, Usher and a slew of people who want to be on you.

No comments: