Saturday, February 9, 2008

MAC for Dress Camp



While I have been obsessing and counting the days for 1. MAC for Fafi ( next week) and 2. MAC for Heatherette (in March). I began to feel a bit disenchanted... Why? because 1. I fall victim to the idea of a great collab collection between MAC and (insert designer/collabo here), I see pics and then step back and say..."not what I expected, but ok".
This is the way I feel about Fafi. I was uber excited about the bright lips ( I'm ready and willing to rock the fuschia lips) but now I'm my mind is screaming" Lacroix- the packaging doesn't look to appealing to me ( aka "see it in person to swatch")". Which is what I will now have to do. 2. I don't want to be a repeat offender with Heatherette but I can't wait to see pics ( I have faith in Richie and Travers).

In the meantime, coming up in April is MAC for Dress Camp and Asian exclusive but will be on maccosmetics.com .
The Specktra preview (courtesy of Rizzer) includes an Eyeshadow/ Beauty powder covetable compact with complementary yellow,peach, bronze and pink shades ( hello spring!); 2 lipglasses- a canary yellow with sparkles and a Jem hotpink with sparkles ( truly outrageous) and a Jem hotpink lippie.
What amazes me about this collabo is it incorporates a shade that hasn't been desired...yellow. Also, MAC hasn't incorporated a collection around the color.. curiosity excites me.

Enough babble.. how about that NY Fashion week?

Photo:http://209.85.173.104/search?q=cache:ANMm-NaDzHkJ:ameblo.jp/asike/entry-10067534501.html+dress+camp+and+mac&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=18&gl=us

2 comments:

Amina said...

Fafi was such a huge disappointment for me. I was so excited and placed my order as soon as it came out. When I received my items, i returned all of them. I've seen swatches of Heatherette on Specktra and it is way too pink/fuschia for me..so i'll pass
MAC spring 08 is not happening for me.
hopefully the summer will be better

Lacroix said...

I have to agree nywele!

I was psyched for Fafi and Heatherette.. but when is pink too pink?

I can't wait for Naughty Nauticals and the 3 part Neo Sci-fi , Future Earth Collections.