Saturday, March 27, 2010

Top 5 Spring Beauty Must haves: #5 Lavender & Mint Eyeshadows



Yes, its that time again- Spring cleaning, out with old, in with new. After this winter I'm in definite need to put some spice in my beauty routine. Since life has been busy, and I am still
adjusting to the time change, glamming has been on the back burn. But fear not my friends, despite it being quite a soggy start to spring. I'm going to add some pop to my eyes.
Last week while in Duane Reade I saw a Maybelline ad with Jessica White ( ugh, should have taken a pic), in it she had mint green eye-liner ( know what I'm talking about?). The look was genius, very fresh and springy. While all thei product was sold out and I started to experiment with my own pastel eyeshadows and found that Lavender works best for my big browns.
How to wear it? I like to use it on my lower lash line. I'm privy to MAC's Purple Haze and NARS' Violetta eyeshadow duo. I love the fact that both are blendable and are heavily pigmented to last throughout the day.
During the day: a sheer wash across the lid as a base is great and for night, throw on a dark liner.

Photo: Derek Lam Spring 2010 RTW show via Style.com
both products recommended were purchased by me.

No comments: