Saturday, July 14, 2012

Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 #140 reviewed

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Beauty Balm ready to test
Swatch on hand proves camouflage capabilities


After hearing SO MUCH about BB creams, I stared staking out some Duane Reade's and CVS's around the city in the middle of June, un-surprisingly when I did see the display for Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Beauty Balm Skin Perfector display, it looked like a pack of velosaraptors tore apart the testers and some of the product! and of course, my shade- #140 Deep Sheer Tint was long gone.
If you are still fuzzy as to what makes BB creams so special,  here is what Maybelline's Dream Fresh Beauty Balm is purposed to do:
- Blur Imperfections
- Enhances ( not sure what, skin?)
- Brightens
-Adjusts to skin-tone ( in the past I've had no such luck, just ask Almay and Dr. Perricone- major fails)
- Smoothes
- Hydrates
- SPF 30
- 0% Oils and other heavy ingredients
These types of all-in one creams are HUGE in Asia as women want skincare and color cosmetics to be seamless. Here in the US, its about: Toner, Primer, Concealer, Foundation, Powder, Mist... etc. A lot of these steps I have omitted from my routine as I'm not trying to look early 90's matte-tastic.

This week I ventured to a Duane Reade in Midtown that had a half display ( maybe stegasaurus'?) of product but they did have my shade! Later, when I got home, I tested the shade on my hand and I was impressed! I tried the full product on today and I have to say that it has delivered so far on 5-6 of the 8 promises which is 62-75% but I would give this product an A. Fantastic job on the shade range and pigmentation! There is 1.15% of titanium dioxide for the purposes of sunscreen. Overall, Fantastic!

No comments: