Monday, April 9, 2007

Electric Boogaloo

Have you seen make-up colors so shocking in the tube or package but complement your skin tone? Isn’t it great!
A few years back I was browsing the MAC store in Fashion for something new when a MA there suggested that I try their Orange Eyeshadow as a blush…come again?
She also mentioned that Erykah Badu loves to wear the shadow as a blush too. I was sold. I let her try it on me and to my surprise ( not to hers) it looked great on my ( NW 45 MAC) skintone. It looked like a natural flush. I just use it on the apples of my cheeks and to have a tone on tone look, sweep some bronzer over the top of it ( and also use it to contour). I’m really happy the MA taught me a technique and not to be afraid of color instead of just trying to sell me a product. I appreciate that. Other colors that are bright but nice: try NARS Exhibit A blush.
Another bright but nice is MAC’s Squirt lipglass. In an issue of Lucky Magazine back in 2002 it was featured as a favorite of an up and coming designer’s favorite lipgloss. She mentioned that she loved the color because it was lime green in the tube but when on it was “peachy’. I figure it looked unique- I should try it. Needless to say I still love Squirt but unfortunately it is discontinued by MAC. But there is a light at the end of the tunnel! MAC is releasing Tenderstones potted lipgloss in May and they will have a shade called Shush! that is described as a lime-green. For now I find that a great way to use Squirt is layering it over my Victoria’s Secret lipstick in Melt. It’s a beautiful wearable peach shade.
Thanks to my friends at Specktra I hear that in June MAC will have a collection that is basically Primary and Secondary colors- which means there are bright blues, yellows and greens. This summer is going to be so bright, its going to be an electric boogaloo.

No comments: