Monday, December 31, 2007

Au Revoir 2007!

In the final hours of 2007, I'm reflecting on what a year it has been!
In the first half we lost two Style Icons- Anna Nicole and Isabella Blow.
Fashion brought us Affordability ( Target and Proenza Schouler, SJP's Bitten), Brights and bold hues that were wearable from the beach to the office. Yes, we loved the bright yellow, pinks and aquamarines. Fall brought us the new black- grey!

Beauty brought us beautiful fuchsia hued bold lips as seen on Sascha in the Dior S/S '07 bag campaign. Smokey Eyes that were transformed from day to night- and everyone taught us how to do them! From Stila's fool-proof smoky eye palette to MAC's Smoke Signal's collection. Gone is the black liner and on to comfort in Navy's, Plum's and Forest Green's.
We also learned how to conceal sans the "look at me" makeup with Touche Eclat and later this year with MAC's Studio Lights.
Mineral Makeup was a battlefield, everyone is jumping on the band wagon and wants some of the Bare Minerals pie. From High-end to Drugstore, we've seen it all. Cover girl, Physicians to Sheer Cover and MAC.

Over all I am greatful for all of the people I have met this year, places I have been and events that have happened. It was great seeing my Icon- Christian Lacroix in the Jardin de Tulleries for Fashion week in October,of course, I aspire to meet him one day ( a girl can dream). Meeting Nadege, Sara and Jeremy Scott. Being able to spend time in the South of France and Paris, seeing that designers care to make a difference by putting models of color on the runways ( Heatherette).

So what is there to expect next year?

I hope to see:
* Bold lips, Fuchsia, Pink's and Magentas
* Super natural skin
* More colors that work with various skin tones.

Style wise:
* Bold accessories
* More dresses ( sweater, trapeze)

I 2008 I can't wait for:

1. MAC for Heatherette ( March '08)
2. MAC for Fafi ( Feb '08)
3. M&M's New Albums ( Madonna and Mariah's)
4. NERD's New Album ( Spring 2008)
5. Michel Gondry's New Movie ( Be Kind Rewind)
6. The Calvin Klein Heals that I am coveting ( in Electric Blue)
7. Peace and Happiness

Have a Great New Year everyone!

Happy 2008!

No comments: