Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Neo Sci Fi Review


My much anticipated hype for MAC's Neo Sci Fi collection was that of the New Indiana Jones.. and both have let me down.

Based on the swatches on Specktra, I expected a glimmer of hope and then when I hit my Nordies counter and tried on my product of lemming- Solar Riche, I was bitterly disappointed. I found myself saying, "How can this be a bronzer and its comparable to Smooth Harmony Beauty powder?" The SA looked at me like I was crazy but I didn't care. Maybelline makes a bronzer deeper than this and its half the price. This summer I want to look like Liya Kebede in the LV ads from 2004..golden copper bronze like the Heat collection years ago!
Since I am not a big fan of eyeshadows, I skipped them but I did find Magnetic Fields to be a decent deep eyeshadow- something I can put in t he bag for an on the go moment and sweep on with my pinkie.
On to the lippies& lipglasses- Pleasureseeker looked promising, but it reminded me of Cresent lipglass from last year but in different form.
Electro looked cool, but where was I going to wear it?
The lipglasses- Pink Grapefruit was too frosty.
The blushes Orange/Peach blush was too ashy on my skin and the other reminded me of Mountain High so I passed.

So what did I end up getting? Volcanic Ash Exfoliator!
This is the best facial scrub since my Neutragena one I use daily. It smells devine- burnt sugar and ash ( no really, it smells great) and it left my skin so smooth with out the burning sensation that I get from other scrubs. I definately need to stock up on this because word on the street is .. its just that damn good too.

What are your thoughts on this collection?

No comments: