Friday, May 9, 2008

YSL Matte Touche Foundation Review


As you know, I have oily skin and living in warm conditions where within 15 minutes of me cleaning my face, I already have an oil slick on my nose- I need something to help me do dewy instead of gooey.

I cruised to my Nordies in Fashion Valley and checked out some new foundation formulas but since I am partial to YSL, I decided to journey to the counter first.

Their new foundation is the YSL Matte Touche. A slim tube that comes in 12 shades.
Here is the rundown:

- The texture is that of Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse sans the ashiness.
- The color range is bizarre, the jump from 11 to 12 is about 3 shades, but once it settles on skin it looks great.
- When testing color and wiping my hand with a tissue, the titanium dioxide shows- there were streaks of color residue ( moisturize before applying product).

I would give this product a 6/10. Its lovely for the warm temperatures but kinda reminds me of the 90's matte fixation.

No comments: