Friday, October 8, 2010

MAC Venomous Villains: Dr Facilier's Cajun Creation




Swatch on Right side of hand

" Don't know how you do the Voodoo that you do.." - "Shoop"by Salt N' Pepa

Trying to get a hold of or even a swatch of anything from MAC's Venomous Villains is like trying to get on the VIP list for the Hermes Sample Sale . Next to impossible. I went to 3 different stores here in NYC and EVERYTHING was either sold out,display product was mangled or replaced by a similar product from the perm line.
However, while there was no more Maleficent or Evil Queen collections for me to peruse, I did get to check out the newest Disney villain's collection- Dr Facilier. The only product that stuck out for me was this Magically Cool Liquid Powder. Initially I swatched it and noticed that the powder has a "charge", much like back in science class where you put a magnet next to shreds of iron or any other element and it sticks to the magnet stoically.
Next, the temperature was cool initially then warmed to my body temp, this amazed me! Then the makeup artist informed me that the powder is a new formula used with 70% water and assured me that unlike a majority of the dupable collection, the liquid powder was a new product and not an iridescent powder. The "sparkles" are less prevalent in this new powder.
I've been using the Magically Cool Liquid Powder in Cajun for a few days now and use it as an overlay to set my concealer.
Job well done MAC with this one, I can't wait to see what other technology will be unleashed in the future.

No comments: