Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Thakoon for NARS 2012- Lal Mirchi Nail polish

Thakoon for Nars- Lal Mirchi

I'm wearing Lal Mirchi for brunch at Juliette in Williamsburg.
Last week, I headed over to the west village to check out NARS' Summer collection but ran into some playful friends named the Thakoon for NARS Nail polish collection!  Initially, I didn't think I would like the colors as I thought the blue's were more like the Chanel Denim color palette but I was wrong. These colors are really bold and the polish requires no more than 2 coats.  I was tossed up between one of three colors that I really loved but decided on Lal Mirchi, the "mandarin red" colored polish. The color is true to form and errs slightly on the orange side but not your orange-coral seen all around NYC. As far as wear goes, I've had this on for a week and no chipping as of yet. I just used a clear base and two coats and I was done.