Monday, March 12, 2007

Classics: Cover Girl Cosmetics


Easy Breezy Beautiful.. what a catchphrase.
When I was younger I used to collect all of the CG advertisements. Back then Helena Christiansen, Tyra Banks, Katherine Heigl ( pre "Greys") and Niki Taylor repped the Brand and their 6 or 7 different formulas of powders and foundations. With Clean Make-up and the Powder foundation combo. In the early 90's I used to think that CG was at the top of their game.
Now when I look at fashion mags, I don't see a lot of their Spring/Fall Campaigns like I used to. I have to drop into Longs and see them. I guess not all stores carry the same merch and it isn't on their websites. Long gone are the Supers that repped the brand now there are Star/ Celeb/ Actresses and ANTM winners who carry the torch. Keri Russell, Joy Bryant, Molly Sims and Queen Latifah have made the brand proud lately.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keri Russell is possibly the most beautiful woman I have ever seen, so of course now when I go to the store I look for COVERGIRL. I know I won't look like her, but she is also so lovable, I want to buy from her!!!