Tuesday, June 24, 2008

MAC's California Dreamin'




Now I can finally attest to the greatness that is MAC's California Dreamin' lipstick.

 This HG lippie that last week was fetching up to $150 on e-bay is now currently accessible to all Cali kids that did not receive that golden ticket of a postcard...via e-mail.
Yesterday, I walked into Plaza Bonita's store, redeemed myself and basked in the wonder of, what color is this exactly?!

My first thought was that if MAC were to offer a free lippie, that it would be a universal shade. But then it got me thinking about all those useless Clinique foundation samples that came with gift-with-purchases that I couldn't use because I'm not Bisque.

California Dreamin' cool blue-based pink, but it works on my warm skin tone as a neutral pink. I did a color measure against my treasured Miss Ross and California Dreamin' was a bit, dare I say, warmer than Miss Ross even on the border of some gold in it.
Other possible floating dupes are Angel and Snob but I think that this one is in a league of its own.

Cali Kids, any thoughts on this lipstick?

No comments: