Tuesday, August 12, 2008

MAC Cult of Cherry






Tonight I had the privilege of attending MAC Soho's Cult of Cherry unveiling.
It was a great event and the collection is unbelievable! Yes, I tend to get excited about MAC collections but this one has topped it for me this year!
The store was chock-ful ( just like the mattene) of choco-tini and cherry tarts handed out by handsome male waiters. The artists were all adorned with cute half-aprons and helped everyone with achieving different looks to pull of a new face for the fall season.

I would describe Cult of Cherry as sophisticated, sensual and powerful! The collection is the perfect blend of cherries, chocolate with accents of pink and taupe. Its like a pure choco-cherry factory of goodness.

I picked up a few products that I will be using pronto.

Creme Cerise lipstick is a warm neutral taupe, its cooler than Touch and taupier than Instinctive. It will be in my bag for the everyday neutral.

Bing Mattene is a deep eggplant color that wears great, matte but not drying at all. Since I can't pull off the all black YSL lip, this will be my substitute. Though I didn't purchase tonight, my next one will be Chock-ful, a rich chocolate color that reminds me of the mid-90's when I was trying to do the dark brown burgundy.

Blooming blush is a dusty rose and the finish is a frost. This would look great with Chock-ful as the lippie and neutral eyes.

Plum du Bois blush is a plummy brown with shimmer, the finish is frost as well and is great for every day. A close one to this is Mountain High.

Cult of Cherry will be in stores on the 19th.

No comments: