Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Oh Boy! Chanel's Exclusive Valentine's Day Surprise




New Rouge Coco Shine in Boy

Natural Light Rouge Coco Shine in Boy

Flash Swatch of Rouge Coco Shine in Boy
photo: Chanel.com

With the hectic schedule last week, I almost forgot about the sneak preview launch of the new Rouge Coco Shine in Boy until I went for brunch in Little Italy with Jess and stopped by Chanel Soho for some window-less fantasy shopping.
Upon stepping into the Soho boutique, I quickly backtracked to the email I received about the preview and to my giddy surprise was the Rouge Coco Shine in Boy ready for swatching and Monique, the house makeup artist was their to answer questions.
Though I received notification about the new slim ,glossy, younger version of Rouge Coco- I had my reservations. Reservation 1: I heart Glossimers, enjoy Rouge Coco in Paris and have a mild obsession with Genial Rouge Allure but feel like I'm comfortable with my current lippies and Reservation 2: Boy looks like it won't "mesh well" with my skintone. I immediately dismissed the color tone to be too light.
Lessons I learned from Rouge Coco Shine- never judge a lipstick by its cover.
Upon swatching on my hand at the boutique, the color held its own, a sheer rose with a touch of cool plum in its undertone with the subtle shimmer. The color is so impressive, you don't have to use a mirror to apply it! As far as longevity, my morning application at 7:30am lasted through my green tea and bagel breakfast and lunch at Subway. I had to re-apply around 12:30pm.
Overall, I can say that this is a great everyday lipcolor to have if you are going for a spring beauty staple that can withhold your morning meal, it deserves to be in your makeup bag!
The official Rouge Coco Shines launch next month, until then- catch them at the Chanel Boutiques or any counter that carries Chanel Beauty.

No comments: