Thursday, July 15, 2010

Summer 2010: Bronzed Glam Gams






Photo: Bronzed on the Left


In preparation for vacation, I wanted to experiment ( isn't that what beauty is all about? trying new things?) since moving to the East, I don't get sun as consistantly as I used to living in southern California. However, when the days are blazing, much like last week's 100 degree temperature, I found my self getting some sun at McCarron Park.. and getting burnt in the process ( yes, my shoulders are peeling) . In an effort to avoid getting burnt by my failure to use or borrow sunscreen -I cannot stand looking like a Twilight Vampire by the ashiness of Titanium Dioxide!!. Thus, I've gone sunless tanning!


Last week at Duane Reade I picked up 1. Sunscreen (Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch in SPF 50 has been good to me so far), and 2. L'Oreal's Sublime Bronze.

I thought the Sublime was going to be a major fail and I was fully prepared to return it, even asking the clerk what the return policy was.
Now, I have to say that after 1 quarter-sized application on Tuesday and Thursday on my left leg, the results were noticibly bronzed in all its glory- so much so that I did not bear leg late last week. I showed friends and colleagues my results and they loved the bronzed and commented
"What are you going to do about the other leg?"
Yes, what am I going to do about my right gam?
I started applying to the right today in order to catch up to the left but regardless- I love the bronzier sans orange glow my skin has and I know that I will DEF step out of the house with my sunscreen.



No comments: