Friday, July 2, 2010

Will MAC have a Squirt Lipglass dupe?


Blogs have been buzzing with news of Alice+ Olivia's collaboration with MAC cosmetics, I'll be the first to admit that I have been lacking on MAC posts but its only because I haven't really found a collection that I have admired like those of yesteryear- However, this fall will bring some much needed fuel to my fire when it comes to the Disney Venomous Villans collection and RODARTE. You best believe I will be all over these two, and now I digress.
Alice+ Olivia for MAC will be the third designer collaboration of 2010, set to launch on July 10th and will feature pigments, nailpolishes and dazzlecreme lipglosses. The color scheme is perfect for summer, kicky blues, deep purple and lime green.

Upon seeing the picture of the I.Want.Candy. Dazzlecreme, which is described ( per Specktra.net) as" Hot Yellow with soft multi-demensional pearlized pigments", I instantly thought - The resurrection of Squirt lipglass!
For those of you new to the MAC game, Squirt was released between 2001 -2002 and was a sleeper hit. Why? because much like I.Want. Candy., the outward appearance of Squirt made it appear as though green would not look good. However, for those who bought into that ideology are now sadly mistaken. Squirt is neon green in the tube but is a carmelish-honey color on the lips.
The last tube I picked up was in 2007 , long after it was discontinued at the MAC store in Fashion Valley and I've heard of some being around here and there.
So how will I.Want. Candy. match to Squirt?
So far, we know that they are not the same type of lipgloss. Squirt is a glazy, sheer, non-shimmer or pearl lipglass. Whereas I. Want. Candy is a dazzlecreme as mentioned above.
Will Hot Yellow be more attractive than Neon Green as far as popularity? Maybe? but Springbeam was a Squirt like green with tons of shimmer. Too bad I didn't test this one out to see as I'm not a fan of shimmer, which I feel could potentially do me in as far as I.Want.Candy.

I'll keep you posted. But until then, Alice+ Olivia for MAC Cosmetics is set to launch on July 8th in US and Canada. August Internationally.

No comments: