Thursday, January 17, 2013

Odile Gilbert: Creative Style Icon





Odile Gilbert's work at Rodarte Fall 2012 on Jourdan Dunn


Rodarte/ Odile Gilbert's Game of Thrones inspired Spring 2013 RTW look on Karlie Kloss


Is it hard to believe that some of my favorite runway looks come from just one person? This question dawned on me just a few weeks ago when I found myself admiring the beauty looks of the Rodarte Spring 2013 Ready to Wear collection. The metal ear jewelry, the faux undercut hair, a sleek come over and a mood that invoked Game of Thrones. The looks were created by Odile Gilbert, the creative force behind some of the most creative and innovative hairstyles that grace the runway and that we struggle to re-create in the comfort of our own bathroom mirrors.

Gilbert at work at Christian Lacroix's Spring 2008 RTW show

One of my other favorite hair styles was Odile 's Funny Face /African influences in Christian Lacroix's Spring 2008 RTW show, the show I was ironically trying to crash when I was in Paris in the Fall of 2007. As of late, you can see Odile's amazing work for NYFW and Paris Fashion Week's finest.

Odile Gilbert Creation's Gold Hair Pin- 9cm


If you are looking to spice up your hair starting this year (much like myself) and have a few clams to spare for your hair and I mean clams. You should definitely consider Odile Gilbert Creation's Hair Pin. I bought one over the holidays at Colette and let me tell you, there is nothing like it. I got the 9 cm pin as its good for short to medium hair, plus my hair is on the fine side.
The pin so simple, so effective and amazing! I love Odile's signature side pony and it took 2 seconds to re-create the look.  So in the meantime, I can enjoy my new discovery until the upcoming NYFW and PFW to check out some of Odile's new hair innovations.


Backstage and Runway photos courtesy of Style.com

No comments: