Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Beauty Experiment: Mixing Turmeric with Tinted Moisturizer

Turmeric + DiorSkin Nude BB Creme Beauty Challenge

 Earlier this year I read in a Lucky Magazine feature that Thandie Newton mixed turmeric powder with her base for an au natural glow. Since I love the look and feel of " the glow" a la Bruce Leroy of The Last Dragon and by highlighters, I decided to go ahead and experiment with mixing just a pinch of tumeric powder with my Spring/ Summer beauty bag favorite, DiorSkin Nude BB Creme in #004.
Here is how my day went:

7:50am-8:00 am- I mixed a pinch of turmeric with my DiorSkin Nude BB Creme and applied with my fingertips..I hope I blended well (Checks mirror at the crosswalk), it looks ok, I don't want to look Oompa Loompa-ish.

8:10 am- (Checks mirror on subway platform) Is that a clump? No, the texture is a bit grainy but also surprisingly lite.

9:48 am- (Checks mirror at my desk) Ok, so far so good, my oil glands are going to kick in just in time for lunch

12:07 pm- (Checks bathroom mirror) No yellow! my normal shiny skin actually looks relatively normal- meaning no need for me to use a Starbucks napkin to dab my face.

5:10 pm- ( Checks mirror at my desk) I have a tiny bit of shine ( about 35% less oil than I would have otherwise), no yellow and I'm satisfied!

I will be repeating this experiment throughout the summer because I absolutely loved the way my skin felt and looked!

Tumeric powder + DiorSkin Nude BB Creme = Dream Team!


No comments: