Wednesday, July 10, 2013

From France with Love- Garnier Ultra Doux with Aloe and Shea butter

Garnier Ultra Doux Conditioner and Shampoo with Aloe Vera and Shea Butter


While I have not yet travelled internationally for the year, I feel like I have done so with scoping out international bloggers and what new product launches have hit their market. As a fan of Fatou's BlackBeautyBag blog, I of course am psyched with what she has to say about new haircare and makeup colors that debut and I also like how she charts her journeys with video.  Just this month Fatou reviewed and also starred in Garnier's new Ultra Doux Aloe Vera and Shea Butter line and all I could think was- I have to try it.
Only one small problem, Garnier Ultra Doux is not sold in the US! Luckily, my beauty angel from Paris was in town this past weekend and brought me the best smelling shampoo and conditioner on the planet!

Garnier Ultra Doux (Ultra Soft) Aloe Vera and Shea Butter is suitable for those with frizzy and relaxed hair. I have the former, dense, kinky, curly springs that are experiencing a near drought due to the 90 degree weather here in NYC. The Garnier Ultra Doux line is so much bang for your buck in terms of drugstore and mass quality. Though the shampoo has sulfates, it doesn't contain parabens or silicone ( if you are cautious of those ingredients). I was surprised that there wasn't a lot of "foaming action" despite the fact that there are sulfates. For both the shampoo and conditioner, a little goes a long way. While I am so used to cupping my palms with shampoo and conditioner, I only had to use 2 quarter sized amount of product for both. 
The conditioner also serves as a detangler, which cut my post wash, pre-style combing session down to no more than 10 minutes! But while the practicality of the products were fantastic, the scent of this stuff is AMAZING! I don't know how to describe it- warm, vanilla-y... like vacation in a bottle.
I love this stuff so much, I'm contemplating tossing everything else.. but first I need to get a bunch of back-ups. I'll have to let me BA from PA know and I'll buy her brunch the next time she's in town.

No comments: