Saturday, November 21, 2009

5ave 5 of '09: Lacroix!



Yes, I had to add myself to this poll for one reason in particular- It's my B-day today!
About me? I'm San Diego bred, Brooklyn Fed, working at a financial firm in Downtown Manhattan by day and churn out Lacroix the Beauty Blog and Lavande-garde on nights and weekends. Serious addictions: NARS, Salted Carmel Ice Cream, watching Party Down and the need to bust new terrible dance moves!

Here are my 5ave 5 of '09:

Hair: Every single day involves Pantene's Relaxed and Natural hairspray. Its great for moisturizing and doesn't make my hair feel heavy. I often mix Oscar Blandi's Protiene Jasmine hair spray with this for a nice jasmine smell.

Fragrance: Chloe, Chloe, Chloe! Its been the best fragrance investment ( and only one) all year! I spray this lightweight gen on seriously every other day. Words can't describe the delicate scent and its so uplifting and perfect for the day. Night time requires Christian Lacroix's Tumulte, the perfect blend of musky and floral- tumultuous indeed!

Skin: I love YSL's Gommage Natural exfoliator, a little goes a long way when used once a week. For the everyday? Neutrogena's Visibly Even cleanser is my savior! its light, gentle and I see amazing improvements to my skin all the time. Moisture for my oily skin calls for Caudalie's Premieres Vendages Moisturizer cream. I've been addicted since I received a sample of it in a Paris pharmacy, its not greasy, very light and smells amazing.

Nails: This year has been a conundrum when it came to nails. But I am standing firmly with OPI's Done out in Deco which I have used the most this year thus far. The light lavender looks great against my skintone and its so subtle I can wear it on my nails to the office without the complete and obvious looks of shock that I would have if I rocked Chanel Jade on my fingers ( which is use frequently on my toes).

Cosmetics: Where do I begin, clearly one in each category wasn't enough- I'll try my best to pair down this one. Concealers are my vice, I have the hardest time finding a match but Maybelline's Corrector coverstick in Deeper Beige is a hit too bad I just learned ( this morning) its been discontinued!
Blush- NARS Nirvana, if you find it, it is a holy grail product. A beautiful terra-cotta clay that warms the cheeks but is not as loud as Exhibit A and has no shimmer like its sister Taj Mahal.
Bronzer- YSL Bronzer in #2, I've been singing its praises for over 2 years, this will give you cheekbones like you won't believe especially is if you have a deep cocoa skintone like me!
Eyes- Givenchy PhenomenEyes! Lips- for day Kiehl's New York Nude gloss is an easy to apply nude and for night Dior 's High Shine Lip color in Catwalk Mauve- just the right amount of color to go with a clean lined eye ( MAC Blacktrack fluidline). ( Apologies, again, clearly more than 5, I can't edit myself!)


(Bonus) Body: I'm fairly simple when it comes to body care. I use Dove Exfoliating Beauty Bar Soap, for scrub I use Giovanni's Hot Chocolate body scrub that I recently picked up at Duane Reade. This is a great inexpensive alternative to the Philosophy's Gingerbread man and it does the same job! Warms up in your hands, is a great sugar exfoliator and smells like you want to eat it ( but can't). Moisturizer? Good 'ol always in fashion Vasoline!

No comments: