Wednesday, November 4, 2009

5ave 5 of 09: Shani Bella!


I’m a smart, sexy, chick with an afro! I’m currently living in San Diego but always in a NY state of mind. No matter where I go I don’t think that will ever change. There is something about being a native New Yorker, just a chick from The Bronx, which I take great pride in. Like anyone in any town anywhere it aided in shaping me into who I am. And who am I…

Well, I am without a doubt a people person. I love to talk, watch, and analyze people. I find it incredibly hard not to talk. I will talk to almost anyone. I even talk in my sleep sometimes! I can talk day and night about people, culture, and politics. I have a dark and dirty sense of humor with a bit of sarcasm at times. Overall, I’m an outgoing chick that likes good conversation with good people and love to laugh. I enjoy being out and about with friends and love ones. My favorite pastime things to do are watching movies, dancing, hiking, cooking, going to concerts and plays, watching live music and art performances, trying foreign cuisines, playing trivia games, discovering new restaurants and hang out spots, bargain shopping, taking long walks with no destination in mind, and most of all traveling abroad.


Here’s my beauty picks…


Cosmetics:

Numero uno for me in 2009 is NARS Cream Blush, Cactus Flower. It’s been a while since I found a make-up product that I use almost every single day. It is so pretty and natural. When I want a little oomph, a va-va voom look I just add a second to third layer.


Fragrance:

Still loving and using daily since 2003 my signature fragrance Sicily by D&G. However, a new Italian (by name not origin) contender stepped on the scene (well my scene) in 2009,Tocca’s Eau de Purfum. All of the fragrances are marvelous. My favorites are Brigitte, Cleopatra, and Florence.


Hair:

I love the new richer and thicker formula of Carol’s Daughter Black Vanilla and Tui Herbal Shampoo I found this year at Sephora! A quarter size squirt is enough to get a nice thick lather. Okay a half-dollar dollop for me, I have thick hair and I’m a little OCD when it comes to cleaning-up. My hair was nice and soft, not crunchy and dry like other shampoos tend to do. I would somewhat describe it as having a 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner affect on my hair. Plus it smells delicious! I wear my hair natural and it’s hard to find high-quality, all natural, non smelly products. For some reason, I guess manufacturers assume us natural chicks want to smell like sandalwood and eucalyptus – ah negative. Walking around smelling like a spicy market or a hippie smoke shop is a not cute. At any rate, CD products have always been good but in my opinion even better now. Keep up the good work Price. I plan on revisiting the other CD products too.

Skin:

Canus Goat's Milk Soap, it took me forever to find this soap this year but it’s worth it. Of all places I found it at Bed, Bath, and Beyond here in San Diego, whatever. It’s great for sensitive, dry, and troubled skin. Goat milk soap and products are very moisturizing withnatural emollients and vitamins. So if you’re like me, dry skin with the occasional eczema flare ups or just need to gear-up your skin for the winter months, this is the soap!


Nails:

I’m a Mani & Pedi chick all the way, come hell or high water. HOWEVER, I don’t allow manicurist to cut my finger nail cuticles. I use a cuticle softener/remover at home. Recently in support of a co-worker I ordered some Avon which is usually a no-no for me. Nothing against Avon or Avon fans but I was totally over their products by 15. Anyway, I got the Avon Nail Experts Instant Gel Cuticle Remover and Nail Polish Remover Wipes and they are wonderful. The cuticle remover works very well without drying out my cuticles but not instantly as the name proclaims. The nail polish remover wipes are a fabulous must have in my cosmetic and travel bag. Great inexpensive buy!

No comments: