Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Winter Hair 2011: Phytospecific Revitalizing Treatment


It didn't occur to me it was winter until last week, seriously! Late November to mid-December, the weather has been bearable her in NYC, but last week came like a brick wall. While my friends were stuck stranded on the highways with snow up to their knees, I was enjoying the temporary mid day heat of Las Vegas for a few days and came back to the arctic ice rink weather of NYC in the latter part of the week.
Pre-holiday vacation, I started amping up on hair care for my strand survival, primarily through pre-treatments and experimenting with sulfate and paraben free shampoo ( will have more info in the next post). With that said, a few weeks ago I was encouraged by a friend to try Phyto's Phytospecific Revitalizing Treatment as a pre-treatment, pre- shampoo moisturizer to use while watching an episode of Veronica Mars on instant Netflix and before my hair treatment ritual.
I've now been using the treatment for more than a month, both before shampooing and as an SOS when my strands are dry and I have to say that this oil has worked wonders.
Since using the treatment, my dandruff has decreased significantly ( this can also be attributed to 1. my diet and 2. another hair treatment and/or 3. switching to a sulfate-free shampoo) and a direct application, my strands are moisturized without the weight and there is no oily residue with my hair. An extra added plus, a little goes a long way.
I'm hoping that starting my 4 part self-made treatment regimen ( pre-shampoo, shampoo, condition and smoother) will initiate better hair health in the spring. Time will tell and I'll definitely keep you posted.

Photo: Sephora.com

disclaimer: product was bought by me with the intent to use and review.

No comments: