Thursday, April 21, 2011

Burt's Bees Tiger Lily Tinted Balm












Could Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm be the most coveted lip product this season? Since seeing Hibiscus in a mag in Feb, I've been on a leisure hunt for this to try for myself. WARNING: A hunt you will get as a few Target's I've gone to in San Diego, LA and NYC were all sold out , as were Rite Aid . Then I strolled into Whole Foods while seeking cupcakes and came across 3 of the 6 shades available.




Burt's Bees Tinted Lipbalm can be described at best, surprisingly smooth and melts like butter. The texture is not "waxy" or "filmy" in a way that I feel with other lipbalm products. The color payoff is excellent for a tint. Its not chalky and it builds so that the color blends. I chose Tigerlily, an Apricot-Peachesque color that certainly lives up to the flora namesake.




The lipbalm itself is described as 100% natural , with coconut oil as the first ingredient. The colors that are available are: Hibiscus, Honeysuckle, Pink Blossom, Red Dahlia, Rose and Tigerlily.




This was a lot more than what I expected for $6.99 and I will definitely going back to explore the other colors.

No comments: