Friday, June 17, 2011

Custom Bronze! Dior Self -Tanner Natural Glow

My journey with self adjusting color cosmetics is much like the extremes of a pendulum. The products are either a(n) " Epic Fail" (like Dr. Perricone's No Foundation and L'Oreal's True Match) or "Practically Custom Fit" ( like Maybelline's Fit Me and MAC's Hyperreal Foundation). I'm happy to announce that Dior Bronze Self- Tanner is in the latter category.
Dior Bronze is a gel-cream self tanner that adjusts to your pH level to give you a natural bronze that you would otherwise get from staying out in the sun.
As a test, I rubbed about a dime-sized thin layer of the gel-cream on my inner arm to see if 1. I would have an allergic reaction and 2. to see how long it would take for the change to take effect. The result, thankfully there was no allergic reaction and it took about 20 minutes for the color to appear. The color toneage was spot- on to what would happen to me if I were exposed to the sun for about 2 hours ( minus the sunburn and skin peel). The color has lasted for about 2 days. The only down side to this product is that it doesn't have SPF, which you will need to add yourself.
As a Bronzer for the Bronzed sun worshiper, I'm excited for a new product like this because my beloved powders, sticks and liquid bronze products leave me sticky in NYC's humidity and on the beaches of California. A plus for Dior Bronze is that I can use this during the day and not have to worry about staining my clothing! and save my othe bronzers for when its cool in the evening.

2 comments:

senegence said...

I have personally used this natural glower and found it really working for me. Since the i have kept a never ending stock.

Lacroix said...

Nice!