Spring '09 collection beauty were all about earth tones with a twist of metal ( Prada and Rodarte)with some coral thrown in ( Christian Lacroix).
Plus on the clothing side, what would complement gold, nudes, bronzes and tans best?
With a little inspiration from these collections, I created my own lippie from some of the sticks ( and glosses I own).
My creation consisted of the following:
- MAC clear top travel jar .25 oz
- MAC Instinctive lipstick ( Fall '06)
- MAC California Dreamin' ( California Exclusive summer '08)
- MAC Archetype ( from Alexander Mcqueen Collection)
- Bobbi Brown lip gloss in Suede
- YSL Golden Gloss #1
- a few shavings of MAC MSF in light flush for extra shimmer.
+ put the shavings of the colors and blots of the glosses onto a metal spoon.
+ heat a pot of water and use a glove or napkin to hold the spoon as you put it over the water vapor.
+ when solution liquifies, pour into the travel jar ( make sure it is close)
+ let it cool and enjoy your new custom lippie.
the creation ( it doesn't have a working name at this point)? a honey- nude with peachy sparkle.
I should have added more gloss or balm to it but overall I am happy with it!