Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Movie Review: Tokyo!


Directors: Michel Gondry, Leos Carax, Joon-ho Bong
Last weekend I had the pleasure of seeing Tokyo! Initially what drew me in was Michel Gondry, I love his work! The three vignettes presented were about life's unspoken treasures, natural or not, moral or not.
Gondry steps away from the youthful approach that we have seen in Eternal Sunshine and most recently Be Kind Rewind  and captures love, loss and sadness in "Interior Design"
"Merde" was very french cinematically with Carax as director, what first appeared quite humorous became tragic and downright mind boggling.
" Shaking Tokyo" by Bong was my fave, can a socially awkward being find his route to happiness?
Overall, it was great, the first and last stories were entertaining but the whole movie left me wanting a bit more.

No comments: