Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Interview with "Here" Makeup Artist - Nico Guilis









Stills from The Luxury Collection's short-film, "Here", starring Agyness Deyn.




This past weekend I had pleasure of interviewing Makeup Artist Nico Guilis! While she was in Las Vegas for the Chanel exhibition , she shared with me how she got started in the business, how to create a natural look by applying bronzer to your eyelid ( sounds cool, who knew?) and what products she looks forward to for Spring 2012.

LTBB: How did you get your start in beauty?


NG:  I got my start in the beauty business around the age of 9 when I was exposed to the makeup world by my mother who was a makeup artist herself at the time. I was a painter in private art classes after school and I found that it was like painting on the face and I quickly became obssessed. I watched Style Chanel, Vintage Movies like Gidget-Singing in the Rain-An American in Paris - Breathless, Fashion TV and I would imagine myself  working in NY or Paris , I just knew it was what I was meant to do. 

LTBB: In the film, you used the Desert Coral Bronzer on Agyness' eye lids to create a healthy, natural look, what tools can we use to re-create this look?

NG: Anyone can re-create the look I did with the Desert Bronze coral on the eye by just sweeping a light touch of bronzer with some warm honey tones over the eye lid area with a larger brush. Stay away from Bronzers that have a lot of red in them or are too shimmery.. it can make the eye look tired instead of refreshed. 


LTBB: Lastly, What are your 3 favorite products for the upcoming Spring 2012 ?

NG: 1. I am loving the UV Essentiel daily spf 50 sunscreen by Chanel. Its light and fresh and is great to set on the skin 10 minutes before your makeup. 
2. Rouge Coco Baume is the new hydrating lip Balm by Chanel that makes your lips creamy , gorgeous with a kissable shine. 
3. Nubian Heritage is an Organic line that makes a Coconut & Papaya lotion with Vanilla Bean extract and it is divine. Its and anti aging/brightening and firming creame that smells incredible and makes your skin feel like silk.

Check out the Tilda Swinton and Waris Ahluwalia produced, Luca Guadagnino directed short original film, "Here" at TheLuxuryCollection.com/TheFilmHere  available on January 24th.

Special thanks to BPCM and Nico!

No comments: