Thursday, July 9, 2009

Alternative use for MAC's Volcanic Ash Exfoliator


With MAC's Future Earth collection last year was one of many cult favorites- Volcanic Ash Exfoliator. Made with volcanic ash from Vanuatu and smelled liked like molten lava, this was coveted by many a MAC fanatic.

While it cleansed my pores and made my skin nice and smooth- it also prompted me to clean EVERYTHING in my bathroom as it looked like the lochness monster attacked the sink.
Since my VAE is in regular rotation with other gommages and it will make an appearance in MAC's Style Black collection in the fall. I figured I would put it to use somewhere else- my feet!

Yes, a little scrubbin' goes a long way, it softens my feet and gets rid of seriously dry flakes associated with walking in heals for 8+ hours, wearing sandals while walking in the park and good old wear and tear. Plus, the same amount ( roughly the size of a quarter) does the job without much mess. Yet another great thing about VAE is that since you have it, you can forgo you regularly scheduled pedi's at the shop , DIY and save that money for a sample sale or a nice meal.

No comments: