Monday, July 6, 2009

Hot Hot Heat: Summer Reds



As inspiration for the 4th, I started rockin' some reds.

With the humidity up and the sun ( finally) at work, I avoided anything that was going to:
1. melt off my face and 2. something I was going to have to re-apply all day long.
Hello matte lips!

My favorite red lipsticks are:

Rubywoo (MAC)- has that pin-up feel, matte with staying power a cheery blue-red. I'm so happy the formula has not changed.

Charred Red (MAC)- if Rubywoo is day, then Charred is night. Its a deeper wine that reminds me of the colors that we used to rock in the mid-late nineties ( during the day) like all the girl groups.

Dragon Girl ( NARS)- while this is a matte pencil, its a blue based red with color you can build and with the BEST staying power. I wore this on the 4th and didn't need to re-apply.

What's your favorite red?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am still a bit afraid of red lipstick, indeed. I am looking for the perfect choice.
Up to know, I have been using Bourjois Coral Des Mares, a good soft option.